This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeHealthyForEveryPartofLife #CollectiveBias ~ Do you get sick a lot? Then check out our 5 tips for staying healthy in the winter and be prepared for anything life throws your way…like date night! ~
I don’t get to have too many date nights with my husband, so when I have one coming up, I like to prepare. There’s nothing worse than having date night ruined by a case of the chills and sniffles. I consider myself to be a very healthy person and yet every time I get sick, I wonder how I got sick! I do everything I am supposed to do, like exercise, eat well and get enough sleep. So why in the world do I get sick?
Now, I’m not saying I get sick a lot. But when I do get sick – I get a little paranoid. Was it from touching the shopping cart when I was out buying groceries? Was it the door knob I touched when I volunteered at my child’s school? Maybe someone coughed on the coffee I ordered? Ugh, there are just so many ways to be exposed to the germs that make us sick. Honestly – it’s exhausting trying to figure out the culprit.
This year, I am planning to let it go.
I’m going to let go of all the worrying that I do about what I touched, when I touched it and if I’m going to spread it to my family. Instead, I am going to focus on preventing those germs from making me sick. No, I’m not going to walk around in a Hazmat suit…although the thought has crossed my mind before. Instead, I’m going to focus on a few simple ways to stay healthy so I’m always ready for date night!
5 EASY TIPS FOR STAYING HEALTHY THIS WINTER
- Drink enough water: You may be surprised by the suggested amount of water you should consume each day, approximately eight 8-ounce glasses each day. I know this, but I don’t actually practice it. Keeping yourself hydrated is key to helping your body function at it’s best.
- Wash your hands: To effectively kill germs you may have picked up when you shook hands, touched a door knob, or a phone – you will need 20 seconds! Yes, 20 seconds of vigorous hand washing is needed to kill germs. Most adults only wash for 6 seconds. Don’t believe me? Time yourself next time you wash!
- Go to sleep: How much sleep do you really need? 7-8 hours of actual shut eye, the 4 hours you spent catching up on American Horror Story does not count! Like water, your body needs sleep to function at it’s best.
- Take your vitamins: Vitamin C helps strengthen your immune system, which helps you fight germs. If you are like me, you may tell yourself you don’t have time to take vitamins. Each day I make the time to keep myself healthy by choosing Emergen-C. With over 20 varieties of vitamin supplement drink mixes, Emergen-C offers the formula, flavor, fix, and FUN you’re looking for!
- Get moving: Exercising as little as 30 minutes 3-4 times a week is will benefit your body. The goal is to get your heart pumping and keeping your body and immune system healthy. Go for a walk, join a Zumba class, or a even a bike ride. As long as you are moving – it counts!
If you do happen to get sick, it’s best to keep a well stocked medicine cabinet. There is nothing worse than having to run out to the store when you feel awful. Make sure you have plenty of tissues, chicken soup, chamomile tea, and Emergen-C which can be found at your local Walmart store. I also keep a ready supply of 100% Natural ChapStick Total Hydration in my purse just in case my lips get chapped. I hate chapped lips and this ChapStick is my new favorite; with argan oil, avocado butter and rosehip oils, it instantly smoothes and moisturizes my lips. And last, but not least, I always have Advil Liqui-Gels on hand just in case a headache pops up…because nothing’s faster on tough pain (among OTC pain relievers) than these guys (Use As Directed).