This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of 7UP®. The opinions and text are all mine. This quick and easy 7UP marinade for grilled chicken salad recipe is perfect for lunch or an easy dinner. This simple salad recipe can be made in minutes.
Here in the upper Mid-Atlantic states, winter is often long, cold, dark and dreary. As we arrive at the halfway mark, I am finding it increasingly difficult to keep the winter doldrums at bay. Those winter blues have a way of making me yearn for the warm sun on my skin and the smell of the ocean in the air. Lately, on these frigid days, I find myself dreaming of packing up and moving as far south as I get.
The temptation of swapping my snow boots and winter parka for flip flops and sundresses is a real struggle. To think that instead of warming up my cold bones with oatmeal and soup, I could be cooling off with ice cream and iced tea! I think of all those incredibly lucky people living in those warm sunny states and it makes me feel small twinges of jealousy.
But then, I get a sign from Old Man Winter – and a sparkling snowflake drifts by my window.
And just like that, my thoughts return to the beauty of winter. I quickly remind myself of how lucky I am to live in such a seasonal state. I get to witness the magnificence of a snow storm, the magic of an igloo, the excitement of sledding and the comfort of hot cocoa by a roaring fire. Suddenly, two more months of winter doesn’t seem quite so unbearable. I think that I may even miss it when the crocuses start to pop in Spring!
One of my favorite salads to make during the frosty winter months is this 7UP, soy sauce and ginger marinated chicken breast over baby butter lettuce. With just enough citrus to remind me of summer, this refreshing and tasty salad can be served for lunch or as a light dinner. I love the versatility of using 7UP in my marinade. This versatile 7UP marinade also works well for a variety of meat such as pork or beef.
You can find more recipe ideas and inspiration from 7UP at Stop & Shop (my favorite place to shop!), Giant Landover and Giant Carlisle. Make sure to check out Savory Magazine in the “New Flavors” edition until 3/30 to save $1.00 when you buy two 7UP 2-Liter bottles.
7UP Marinade for Grilled Chicken Salad
7UP Marinade for Grilled Chicken:
- ¼ cup 7UP
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated ginger
- juice of ½ a lime
Grilled Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 1 thin chicken breast, grilled
- 3 cups baby butter lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 clementine, peel and sectioned
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime for spritzing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place 1 thin cut chicken breast in a large zipper seal bag, 7UP marinade ingredients into the bag. Seal and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Lightly coat grill pan with canola oil. Heat over medium high heat.
- Place chicken on grill pan without moving for 5 minutes. Flip over and grill for an additional 5 minutes. Thicker cut breasts will require a longer cooking time.
- Cut into the middle of your chicken breast to make sure there is no pink on the inside. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, gently toss salad ingredients in a bowl. Top with chicken, spritz with lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!