This post has been sponsored by Wayfair. All opinions are my own.
My favorite way to relax after a long, hectic day is to get cozy with a great book and a hot cup of chamomile tea. I find that it’s the best way to quiet my mind and let go of the day. Having a dedicated reading space in my bedroom was something I always wanted, but I was unsure of how to create one. After gathering up lots of inspiration, I began to get overwhelmed with the endless options.
Big reading nooks, small nooks, ones overlooking the sea, nooks tucked under the stairwell…they were all so beautiful and unique, yet none were going to work for me. The space I had available was just a plain old empty wall in my bedroom. But, it was space I had available and that was good enough for me!
I soon realized the way to create the perfect reading space was to let go of the “idea” of having the perfect reading space. At the end of the day all you need are a few simple items to create a perfectly imperfect reading space!
How To Create A Cozy Reading Space
- Seating – All you really need is a cozy chair to fit your space. I chose this beautiful Deedee Chaise Lounge from Wayfair as I was working with a long, empty wall. Depending on how much space you have, you can choose a chair, chaise or even a loveseat for your reading space.
- Pillows – I think pillows make everything more comfortable! Lumbar pillows are perfect if you prefer a little more support for your lower back. Full size pillows are perfect for sinking back into as you make your way through your favorite book. With so many options you can make your spot as cozy as you like.
- Throw Blankets – I am always cold. Always. I have throw blankets everywhere. I am constantly throwing blankets on my kids, in my mind everyone looks happier wrapped in a soft blanket. Wrapping up in a cozy blanket while reading a book makes me happy just thinking about it!
- Area Rug – If you have wood or tile floors an area rug makes all the difference. Visually it will anchor your dedicated reading area and will warm up your space. In the past I have purchased many area rugs from Wayfair, they have so many different sized rugs and runners for odd spaces in your home.
- Side Table – I knew I had to have a little table to place my tea cup, book and glasses. I wanted something small that could easily be moved out of the way. I chose to use a drink table, but you can choose anything that works for your space. Anything from a plant stand to a coffee table, the options are endless.
Thanks for reading!