Looking for easy st patrick’s day cookies to bake for St. Patrick’s Day? This St. Patrick’s Day cookie recipe is easy to make and covered in glittery green sugar! Don’t forget to leave one for the leprechaun!
St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner and we have been searching for fun ways to celebrate! We have been very busy making homemade decorations, painting shamrock art and baking a bunch of these easy St Patrick’s Day Cookies! Every year we look forward to St. Patrick’s Day. My entire extended family gets together to walk into town to watch the annual St. Patrick’s Day parade.
We love watching the Irish step dancers, the bag pipers and all of the marching bands as they make their way down Main Street. Unfortunately…this year it has been cancelled, just like last year. Alas, there is always next year! In the meantime we will continue to create as many fun family traditions as we can, at home.
Baking cookies is a fun family activity that everyone enjoys, especially when my helpers get nice warm cookies fresh from the oven. These green tinted shamrock sugar cookies were a big hit with the kids. Not too sweet, prefect for dunking into a glass of milk or a mug of hot cocoa!
Ingredients for Shamrock Sugar Cookies:
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon half & half
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- green food dye
- parchment paper
Directions for Easy St Patrick’s Day Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream room temperature butter with sugar in a stand mixer. Beat for 3 minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla, green food dye and half & half. Beat until fully mixed.
- Add flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Beat until mixed.
- Lightly flour parchment paper and rolling pin. Gently roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out with shamrock cookie cutter. Put on parchment lined cookie sheet and dust with green sprinkles.
- Bake shamrock sugar cookies for 12 minutes.
Looking for more st patricks recipes like these easy st patricks day cookies?
- how to make beautiful citrus celtic knot cookies
- stout brownies are delicious and you should make them right now!
- how to make a quick and easy irish beer bread recipe