This easy easter craft shows you how to make the cutest baby chicken craft for kids. This is a fun craft for any kids that loves baby chicks!
There may be affiliate links in this post.
I have always loved Easter, and with it, the arrival of Spring. But this year, the weeks leading up to Easter have me thinking that Winter will never end. I’ve been wondering if Spring didn’t get the memo and that’s why warmer, sunnier weather isn’t anywhere in sight. It’s not that I don’t like the Winter — truly enjoy snuggling with my family in front of the fire — but lately, I have been hoping that Spring will arrive any day now.
Last night, it snowed – again. So to brighten up the gloomy day, my husband brought me home some flowers, which immediately put me in the “springtime” frame of mind. As I sat at the coloring table with my son, staring at the cheery bouquet, an idea started to form in my mind.
There were several little “baby mums” in the bunch and they kept reminding me of fluffy little chicks. I thought it might be fun to make some flowery table decorations for the kid’s Easter table, so I snipped off a few yellow miniature mums and started playing…
Older children can easily create this craft on their own, but younger children may need help cutting the pipe cleaners.
Baby Chicken Craft For Kids
- Yellow Miniature Mums
- Orange Pipe Cleaners
- Black Pipe Cleaners
- Snip the stems off of two miniature mums.
- Take one orange pipe cleaner and make it into a closed M shape on one half. Keeping one side longer wrap it around the end of the M to close it off. Leave the tail end sticking straight up.
- Thread the pipe cleaner through the center of both mums.
- Trim the excess pipe cleaner, leaving enough to poke out for the top beak. Cut a small piece and insert into the flower for the lower beak.
- Cut two small pieces from the black pipe cleaner for the eyes. Bend in half and turn one half into a circle. Push into the mum for eyes.
Thanks for Reading!
Looking for more cute animal crafts?
- how to make a sweet easter bunny toilet paper roll
- How To Make Adorable Tin Can Bunny Planters For Spring!
- Recycled Rhino Craft for Kids