This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ANaturalClean #CollectiveBias ~ Is your skin a problem for you? Our natural skincare routine will help get your skin back on track. We love Burt’s Bee’s Natural Skincare product line. ~
Recently, I felt as though everywhere I went, I had friends and family asking me if I was feeling “ok”. Some would inquire if I had gotten enough sleep the night before. Some would ask if I was getting sick, or if I had allergies. And others would just ask me how I was “doing”. I was very happy to know that I was surrounded by people that were genuinely concerned about me, but the truth was I was mortified. I wasn’t sick, I was getting a decent amount of sleep and I was actually feeling great. I was too embarrassed to admit that I thought I was having a “good” day, that I had gone the seemingly extra mile and done my hair, put on a little makeup and even managed to iron my clothes. Instead, I would just nod my head and agree with whatever ailment they deemedI was suffering from.
I did what any
paranoid, rational person would do – I turned to Google. Surely google had the answer for my concerning appearance. I started googling things like; how to look less tired, how to get rid of bags and dark circles, and of course – how to look younger. Ugh!
I cam across so many tips and tricks that it made my head spin. I wasn’t looking for a magic potion to make me look 20 again, all I wanted was to find out how to look my best now. Of everything I read, it was the common sense “beauty” tips that resonated with my situation. These very basic tips are exactly what most busy moms tend to ignore, the stuff we just don’t have time for. In reality, they are so simple that even the busiest of us can find time to get them done.
3 TIPS FOR A MORE NATURAL SKINCARE ROUTINE
Tip 1: Get Enough Sleep.
Easier said than done, right? Isn’t it at night when all of our worries start to creep into our exhausted minds? I have found that by folloing a few simple steps each night before bed, I can fall asleep before I can start to stress. Turn off your iphone before you even put your pajamas on and don’t turn it on until morning. Practice what you preach, your kids have a set bedtime – so should you. Pick a time that will allow you to get close to the recommended 8 hours, and stick to that time. Have a cup of chamomile tea a 1/2 hour before your bedtime and read a book or watch some really boring tv. Before long, your body will become accustomed to your bedtime routine and you will find yourself falling asleep faster and easier each night.
Tip 2: Drink Enough Water.
The average adult should be drinking 8 cups of water a day. This tip is a little harder for me to accomplish each day. Water can get a little boring, so I make sure I have it with lime, lemon and sometimes an orange slice. When I feel myself getting really sick of water, I switch to seltzer. FOr me, water make a huge improvement in my appreanace. My skin looks fuller, my dark circles aren’t so dark and the suitcases under my eyes look more like little handbags. If you don’t believe me – try this simple experiment. Take a selfie of yourself the morning after a day that you did not drink enough water. Then take a picture of yourself the morning after you had the reccommended 8 cups – you will be surprised by the difference!
Tip 3: Take Care of Your Skin.
Create a skincare routine that you can stick to. It can be as simple or as elaborate as you want it to be. For myself, I start with the basics.
- Wash – As someone with very sensitive skin, I prefer to use Burt’s Bee’s Cleansing Oil. The cleansing oil is not oily, and doesn’t clog my pores. I leaves my face feeling clean and soft – instead of tight and itchy. It is easy to use, and works best when you dispense the cleansing oil into dry hands, massage over your face, then wet your hands and continue to massage your face. Follow up by rinsing thoroughly and patting your face dry.
- Tone – I was never a fan of toners in the past. They were all very harsh for my skin. After having so much success with Burt’s Bee’s Cleansing Oil, I decided to give the Brightening Refining Tonic a try. The scent is very pleasant and it is gentle enough for me to use every day, which helps me stick to my face care routine.
- Moisturize – This is another simple, but sometimes overlooked tip. First decide on what you are looking for in a moisturizer. Is your skin dry, oily or combination? Having combination skin, I decided to try Burt’s Bee’s Brightening Even Skin Tone Moisturizing Cream. It feels great on my sensitive skin, never sticky or tacky.
After following these common sense tips for just a few days, I noticed a decrease in the concerned comments. Maybe it was the sleep, being prooperly hydrated or even my new skincare routine. I am happy to report that I have noticed that I have a brighter and more even complexion, naturally. Which makes me feel confident that now, I am looking as good as I feel!
Have you tried the Burt’s Bee Collection? I’d love to hear your favorite!
If you would like to know more about Burt’s Bee’s products, make sure your visit them here:
- Twitter: @BurtsBees
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/burtsbees
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/burtsbees
- Instagram: @BurtsBeesUS
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/burtsbeesvideos
Thanks for reading,
Want to know more about how we love more natural options? Read these posts too:0