Did you know that the Barnes and Noble summer reading program for kids gives children a free book if they read 8 books over the summer? I had no idea!
Hey, guys! Did you know that the Barnes and Noble summer reading program for kids gives children a free book if they read 8 books over the summer? I had no idea, but this is really great news!
The Summer Reading Program for kids is designed to “reinforce learning, nurture skills and motivate students” to continue reading over summer vacation. Children are allowed to read whatever books they want to and proceed at their own pace.
How To Earn A Free Book From The Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program For Kids
Simply download the reading journal and help your child keep track of their progress! They will need to write down the title, the author, and what their favorite part was. Just like their school-based reading logs, parent signatures are required, so make sure you sign the journal. After they’ve read eight books, you can return the completed journal to any Barnes & Noble bookstore to get a free book (see journal for more details).
The Barnes and Noble summer reading program for kids starts May 16, 2017, and runs until September 5, 2017.
What Are The Free Books Available From The Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program For Kids?
I looked over the list and I have to say there are a lot of available free titles to choose from. The reading journal lists all of the titles you can choose from, but I’ve included some book titles below. They are broken out into age groups, which makes my life much easier as a parent!
GRADES 1 & 2
- Amelia Bedelia Means Business (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Book Series #1)
- Big Shark, Little Shark (Step Into Reading Series)
- Chase’s Space Case (PAW Patrol™)
- Eva and the New Owl (Owl Diaries Series #4)
- Inspector Flytrap (Inspector Flytrap Series #1)
- Jorge el curioso construye una casa en un árbol (Curious George Builds a Tree House)
- Pinkalicious: Story Time (I Can Read Series)
- Plants vs. Zombies: Save Your Brains! (I Can Read Book 2 Series)
GRADES 3 & 4
- Completely Clementine Sara Pennypacker 9781423124382
- Double Vision (Twintuition Series #1)
- How to Tame a Triceratops (Dino Riders Series)
- Journey to the Orange Islands (Pokémon™: Chapter Book)
- Judy Moody Was in a Mood (Judy Moody Series #1)
- Las aventuras del Capitán Calzoncillos (The Adventures of Captain Underpants)
- Ms. Joni Is a Phony! (My Weirdest School Series #7)
Where Is the Great Barrier Reef?
GRADES 5 & 6
- Fablehaven (Fablehaven Series #1)
- Gabriela (American Girl: Girl of the Year 2017 Series #1)
- Project Mc2™: Smart Is the New Cool
- Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin
- The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil Series #1)
- Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer
- The Thing About Jellyfish
- The Unwanteds (The Unwanteds Series #1)
Restrictions With The Barnes and Noble Summer Reading Program For Kids
Please note: The Barnes and Noble summer reading program for kids is only available to school-aged children in grades 1-6. Each child may only receive one free book and must choose a book from the pre-approved titles listed in the reading journal.
Want more ideas about summer learning for kids?