If been here before, then you already know that I'm a big fan of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food Magazine. I love this magazine because I can always find something that I would like to whip up, immediately upon reading it, and I am rarely disappointed with the results.
One of our current favorites is Red Rice with Sausage and Peppers – it's the perfect weeknight meal. I can make this dish, from start to finish, in under 20 minutes – and that's with the kids hanging around my ankles. If you're a fan of kielbasa, I urge you to give it a try.
Red Rice with Sausage and Peppers
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 12 ounces kielbasa sausage, cut into small pieces
* 1 medium yellow onion, diced medium
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 red bell pepper, diced medium
* 1 celery stalk, diced medium
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
* 2 cups Simple White Rice, cooked
Step 1: In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
Step 2: Slice sausage into small pieces. Add sausage to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, about 8 minutes. (Make sure the kielbasa are nice and browned.)
Step 5: Add rice to the pan and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes.