These easy whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip muffins are a great way to turn leftover oatmeal into a tasty muffin for breakfast or snacktime!
Like most kids around the country, these days my kids are home a lot. With remote learning and social distancing we find ourselves spending a lot of time at home together. And like most parents, I am just taking one day at a time. The pandemic has forced me to slow down and evaluate what is most important to me in life. And quite simply, it’s my family.
Instead of griping about all of the things that have changed, I am trying my best to focus on the positive. My kids are getting older and I want to embrace this time we have together. I want to be able to look back on this period of time and see that I was successful at creating calm for them among the chaos.
These days, most of my mornings start with tossing ingredients for muffins into my mixer as I sip my coffee. It’s a nice way to begin my day, as I try to ease into a day full of schooling and working from home. Lately, one of my favorite recipes is this whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip muffin recipe. It is a great way to use up leftover oatmeal and turn it into a tasty muffin! With how much baking I’m doing these days, you can expect to see a few muffins recipes popping up here and there!
whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip muffins
oatmeal muffin ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip muffin directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Soften butter for 20 seconds in the microwave. Cream butter with sugar in a stand mixer for 2 minutes.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract in and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl. Mix for 3 minutes.
5. Add the cooked oatmeal to mixture and mix until fully blended.
6. Butter your muffin pan and scoop muffin mix into the pan.
7. Bake for 16-18 minutes. (All baking times differ, I like to start checking my muffins at the 16 minute mark. Test with a toothpick, when it comes out clean they are ready.)
more muffin recipes:
Stay safe and enjoy!0