Irish food goes way beyond corn beef and cabbage. Personally, I hate the stuff. So I’ve compiled 25 Tasty Irish Recipes that your whole family will enjoy!
My sister and I love Saint Patrick’s Day. We get really excited about this holiday and look forward to The Naughty Leprechaun’s annual visit where he gets to be impish all day long. (Just so you know, he existed waaaay before The Elf on the Shelf!)
Anyway, in our town, there is a huge Saint Patrick’s Day parade and we have gone each and every year since we first bought our first homes. Pre-kids, it involved drinking beer in front of the local bars and cheering as the marchers went by. Post-kids it involved freezing our buns off (sans beer), making sure the kiddos were covered in layers of blankets so they could keep warm, and screaming like mad whenever The Mummers walked by.
It’s all very hokey and everyone wears green, and afterward, we usually end up at one of our houses to have a beer in front of the fire while the kids run rampant. I’m not sure why we love this holiday so much, but I have my suspicions. Let’s see:
- We’re Irish.
- We’re Catholic, and you know, Saint Patrick is a pretty big deal to us.
- My sister and I are Irish twins. Yep, we’re exactly 364 days apart.
- My favorite color is green.
All kidding aside, I love the holiday because it’s just so friendly. Everyone gets to be Irish for a day. Everyone gets to proclaim their love for Guinness and Harp. Everyone gets to look for Leprechauns. Everyone gets to eat a big ‘ole bowl of corned beef and cabbage for supper…Ummmm, except for me. I don’t go near the stuff. I think corned beef is yucko! I’ll eat boiled cabbage and potatoes, but not corned beef. That’s a negative.
So in search of something to eat on this beloved holiday, I started making tasty Irish dishes to avoid having to eat a dreaded pile of corned beef. I guarantee if you give these recipes a try, you’ll never have to wonder if Irish food is tasty again – because you’ll know. I’ve made them all, and stand behind them – they’re delish!
25 TASTY IRISH RECIPES THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL ENJOY
- Chocolate Milk Stout Brownies – We Know Stuff
- Milk Stout Ice Cream – We Know Stuff
- Irish Beer Bread (Made with Harp Lager) – We Know Stuff
- Chocolate Indulgence Cake – We Know Stuff
- Chicken & Mushrooms in Puff Pastry with Tomato-Tarragon Sauce – We Know Stuff
- Tomato and Potato Soup with Parsley Pistou – We Know Stuff
- Irish Soda Bread (with orange zest and currants) – We Know Stuff
- Leprechaun Cookies – We Know Stuff
- Irish Brown Bread – PicNic
- Guinness Beef Stew – Family, Food and Travel
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels – Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Irish Stew – Raising Generation Nourished
- Chocolate Guinness Donuts – Thrifty Jinxy
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread Biscuits – Raising Generation Nourished
- Irish Cheddar Chicken Potato Leek Pizza – Farm Fresh Feasts
- Colcannon – Recipes To Nourish
- Baileys Ice Cream with Guinness Chocolate Ripple – Life Love Liz
- Apple Fennel Stuffed Pork with Irish Whiskey Sauce – Ericas Recipes
- Guinness-braised Brats – Farm Fresh Feasts
- Beef and Guinness Hand Pies – Frugal Mom Eh
- Guinness Beef Stew – Cincy Shopper
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef – Kalyns Kitchen
- Irish Dublin Coddle – Cooking In Bliss
- Garlic & Parmesan Colcannon – Raias Recipes
- Shamrock Shake – Oh, The Things We’ll Make