Nope, it’s true; I fact checked with several wacky holiday sites and it turns out that January is the month to cook up some hearty soups, stews and chowders. So what else should I do but compile a massive list of National Soup Month Recipes for all of you?
I’m totally going to use this knowledge to my advantage because my husband refuses to believe that soup really IS a meal. He thinks soup is only something you eat with a sandwich or as an appetizer before dinner. But that way of thinking is all about to change now that I have proof that there is an entire month dedicated to making soups.
In honor of National Soup Month, we’ve featured some of our favorite winter soups below.
NATIONAL SOUP MONTH RECIPES
- Split Pea Soup with Crunchy Garlic Bread – We Know Stuff
- Italian Sausage Minestrone Recipe – The Mediterranean Dish
- French Onion Soup – Culinary Ginger
- Vegan Tomato Basil Soup – Divya’s Culinary Journey
- Gluten Free Minestrone Soup – The Organic Kitchen
- Leek Potato Soup – She Eats
- Tomato and Potato Soup with Parsley Pistou – We Know Stuff
- Creamy Tortellini Soup – We Know Stuff
- Chicken & Spelt Dumpling Soup – Live Simply
- Shrimp & Artichoke Soup – The Organic Kitchen
- Vietnamese Soup with Zucchini Noodles – Oh, The Things We’ll Make
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup – The Organic Kitchen
- Caramelized Onion Roasted Garlic Bisque – Life Currents
- Fakes – Greek Lentil Soup – We Know Stuff
- Kid-Friendly Black Bean Soup – We Know Stuff
- Sausage, Kale & White Bean Soup – Live Simply
- Savory Pumpkin Soup – The Organic Kitchen
- Cauliflower Soup – Paprikash – Culinary Flavors
- Butternut Squash Soup – Bowl Me Over
- Cheddar Corn Chowder – We Know Stuff
- South Western Chicken Soup – We Know Stuff
- Lemon Ginger Ham With Wild Rice Soup – Ericas Recipes
- Saucy Slow Braised Beef Stew – She Eats
- Roasted Pumpkin With Red Peppers – Oh, The Things We’ll Make
- Slow Cooker Potato Corn Chowder – We Know Stuff
- Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup – We Know Stuff
- Beer Cheese Soup – My Family Mealtime
- Roasted Garlic Soup – Raising Generation Nourished
- Curry Carrot Soup – Feed Your Soul Too
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup – Lemoine Family Kitchen
- Hearty Beef & Barley Soup – The Organic Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Tomato Parmesan Soup – Life Currents
- Quick & Easy Veggie Lentil Soup – Raias Recipes
- Fresh Tomato Soup – Raising Generation Nourished
- Beef Barley – Cooking On A Budget
- Beef and Kale Soup – Raising Generation Nourished
- Split Pea Soup – This Mama Cooks
- Creamy Zucchini Soup -Three Different Directions
- 15 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup – Raising Generation Nourished
- Creamy Squash & Apple – Raias Recipes
- Hearty Orca Bean Soup – The Food Hunter
- Lemon Turkey Rice Soup – Feed Your Soul Too
- French Onion Soup – Raising Generation Nourished
- Sage & Sausage Soup – Raias Recipes
- Bacon and Rice Tomato Soup – Three Different Directions
- Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup – Saving Dollars and Sense
- Panera Copycat Broccoli Cheddar Soup – Mommys Musings
- Easy Beef With Herbed Dumplings – Raias Recipes
- Grilled Pork & Split Pea – Raias Recipes
- Potato Corn Chowder – Simply Sherryl
Apparently, our blogging friends love soup too! I’m actually quite surprised by how many delicious recipes we were able to gather up for all of you.
Just remember, even though National Soup Month is only celebrated in January, these tasty soups can — and should — be cooked all year long!
Which is your favorite? I have quite a few that I’m planning to try, but I will say that my sister’s slow cooker Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup looks amazing, so make sure you check it out!
Thanks for Reading!